The monastery was founded in the late 16th century and, despite its destruction by the Turks during the Greek Revolution of 1821, it continued its operation, and in the late 19th century parts of its buildings were renovated. In 1955-1956, the monastery was re-established, and in the 1990s it was restored in its entirety.
The central courtyard houses the large katholikon dedicated to the Holy Trinity and renovated in 1880-81, and the chapel of Agios Lazaros, which was probably a funerary structure.
Time period: 16th century
Architectural type: Single nave vaulted
Celebration: Sunday of Pentecost (49 days after Easter)