The church, which is dedicated to the Birth of the Virgin Mary, is about two kilometers west of Voulismeni at Vigli. The church was basically the katholikon of a completely destroyed today monastery, which operated -based on a written source- from 1594 until the 18th century.
Today, the fully restored church has a cruciform shape, and dates back to 1300. Its iconography includes well-known scenes of the evangelical circle, with an emphasis on the Passions of Jesus, as well as on Virgin Mary.
Time period: 13th-14th century
Architectural type: Cruciform roof without dome
Access: Dirt road